This document MUST be read by all group/activity leaders. They are responsible for informing members of their group/activity of the contents and ensuring members of their group/activity act responsibly.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic it is the responsibility of ALL Devoran Village Hall users to ensure the Hall remains COVID-19 safe for other Hall users and the wider community.
If Government regulations change, they must be followed when in the Hall.
The main hall has a one-way system.
Face coverings must be worn at all times worn. Unless you are on the Government exception list.
Good hand and respiratory hygiene must be practiced.
Social distancing must be observed.
No food preparation in the Hall. Please bring your own food and drink.
Only one toilet is in use, the disabled toilet. Do not queue in the foyer to use the toilet. Use a one in one out system and queue, socially distanced, in the main hall.
If you use the toilet follow the instructions, in the toilet, to help reduce the infection risk.
Before your session clean all the touch points, including tables and chairs, with the cleaner provided. Do not spray cleaner directly onto light switches or sockets.
At the end of your session again clean all the touch points, including tables and chairs, with the cleaner provided. Do not spray cleaner directly onto light switches or sockets.
Covid-19 cleaning kits can be found in the disabled toilet, and main hall.
If someone becomes ill with COVID-19 symptoms during your session move them to the lower hall toilet, the Hall’s designated isolation room.
Follow the instructions on ‘What to do if someone is taken ill with COVID-19 symptoms while in the Hall’
There is an emergency PPE kit located in the lower hall toilet.
Thank you for your co-operation
Community Buildings COVID-19 Bulletin 2nd September 2020
Face Coverings are required to be worn inside village and community halls, but there are exemptions:
- children under the age of 11 (Public Health England do not recommend face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
- people who cannot put on, wear, or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- employees of indoor settings (or people acting on their behalf, such as someone leading part of a prayer service)
- police officers and other emergency workers, given that this may interfere with their ability to serve the public
- where putting on, wearing, or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
- if you are speaking to or assisting someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
- to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others – including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity
SANITISE HANDS BEFORE USING TOILET
Toilet Cleaning Instructions
- Flush toilet with seat down to prevent aerosols.
- Wash hands after using toilet.
- Wipe all contact surfaces after use with cleaning materials provided.
COVID-19 CLEANING KIT
CLEAN ALL TOUCH SURFACES INCLUDING TABLES & CHAIRS BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR SESSION WITH SPRAY PROVIDED.
DO NOT SPRAY SOCKETS & ELECTRICAL SWITCHES,
CLEAN WITH KITCHEN TOWEL MOISTEN WITH SPRAY.
NO FOOD & DRINK PREPARATION PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FOOD & DRINK WITH YOU IF NECESSARY.
- Stop the session immediately.
- Move patient to lower hall toilet, where there is a plastic chair and an Emergency PPE Kit. The patient must remain there until they can be taken home or to a medical facility.
- Arrange for the patient to be collected.
- Inform the patient they must arrange to be tested and inform you and the Hall of the result.
- Ensure you have a full attendance list for Track & Track.
- Send all members of the group home. They must self-isolate for 14 days.
After the patient has been collected
- Double bag all masks etc used. Label outer bag COVID-19 Waste and tie tightly.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Contact the Hall via the Booking Secretary. The Hall will then be closed for 72 hours.
- Contact Track & Trace with your attendance list.
Contents of Emergency PPE Kit
- Face mask and two pair of vinyl gloves (M & L) x 2 in plastic bags – for the responder and patient
- Plastic face shield – for the responder
- Disposable apron – for the responder
- Hand sanitiser
- Rubbish bags x 2 (so disposables can be double-bagged). The outer bag marked COVID-19 Waste
- Labels and pen.
Also available in lower hall toilet
- Plastic chair for patient
- Hand soap in pump dispenser
- Paper towels & kitchen towel
- Cleaning spray